Posted by Return/exchange items with tag b
I would like to know if I could exchange some gifts I got from Ross. They have tags, only thing is they ripped off the part where the price was. Am I able to return/exchange these items?
Customer Service Scoreboard
Yes me and my wife were recently in your Ross store Tampa Florida University store and we came across two of your employees rubbing and touching on each other appropriately we talked to your manager at thinks Debbie and there was nothing done that we know of we just got an apology and I just think that was inappropriate for that store my wife didn't want to see that and neither did I just wanted to let you know thank you. I think the people's names word Natasha or Tasha and the male gentleman's name was named Tim or Jacob just wanted to let you know because that was inappropriate
Yes me and my wife were recently in your Ross store Tampa Florida University store and we came across two of your employees rubbing and touching on each other appropriately we talked to your manager at thinks Debbie and there was nothing done that we know of we just got an apology and I just think that was inappropriate for that store my wife didn't want to see that and neither did I just wanted to let you know thank you
For those of you inquisitive about why they ask for ID, it's because this information guess into a store database as well as a nationwide database that tracks your returns. Companies use this information when issuing store credit cards to access the risk. You can request the information this database has on you just like you would your credit report.
Went to Ross at the Kendall and US1, Miami, Fl. on 7/8/2018 location and bought a shirt, went home and tried it and noticed that it was a bit tight. I went to the location immediately (7/8/2018) between 5:00 p.m. and 5:15 P.M., with original receipt in hand. They asked me for identification, I asked why if I had the original receipt and it was purchased about 1hr or so ago. Their explanation was that it was their policy, just like that! (ridiculous & unnecessary).
They told me that I had to wait 48 hours, so that no identification would be asked?
Nonsense!!!!! I am done with Ross...
Apparently they are rude at all the Ross's around the world because I live here in Fort Worth, Texas and I love Ross Dress for Less, but the employee's that work there are horrible and if you say something to management about their attitude their worker they look at you like I don't know why you are telling me because I'm not going to say anything to them so you might as well leave. What everyone needs to do is contact Ross corporate office and let them know about the experience you have had with their stores. They will get the message and trust me things will change. They are not wanting to see a boycott on their stores.
Please have someone contact me regarding purchasing $800 worth of your 50x60 beautiful fleece throws. I know this is out of season but I have purchased at least 100 of them for gifts to our cancer patients who are having a difficult time, or has no visitors etc. The auxiliary board at Sentara Virginia Beach Hospital in Virginia Beach has donated this money. The patients are always so appreciative. If there is any way you can tell me where I can get them I would be so grateful. I have always shopped at the Lands town Ross store. Thank you, Linda giesen
I recently visited a Ross in Deptford NJ. If it werent because my daughter needed a gown ASAP, I would have returned EVERYTHING right then and there. She balles up the gown in the same bag as the shoes. When I mentioned it to the cashier she said, " I dont have time to fold clothes". So I took the gown and and what happens, it was STUCK TO THE SHOE. I told the cashier it better not be damaged BC IT IS A GOWN! Who trained these disrespectful, unproffessional "employees"? I will be returning everything else I bought, I just needed to leave before I lost my temper!!!
Really the worst experience ever! employees are super confused, not trained to deal with customers at any level, even a manager doesn't have an explanation for what ever that doesn't make sense! they can just repeat "ask ross top management for an explanation",
When it comes to clothes it's super messy and you can't even get different size for any peace!
Some types of refunds are not accepted!
goodwill is a little bit better.
I have been to Leesburg Ross store several times, first some cashiers are really rude, and they act as if you are taking their time, they forget that if customers do not go to their store they will not have a job, second, I purchased some clothes and I wanted to return one, because I got pregnant and they no longer fit, but the cashier said it would be .49 cents for a $59.99 dress. I have been to Marshals, TJMaxx and all other stores and none have such policy. Ross is the only one which does not return and have rude, disrespectful employees. That is why, I decided not to shop from them.
Last friday March 16, 2018 I went to return a box that didn't fit, I paid that with my debit card, and was asked to introduce my card in the credit card machine, got a new receipt and everything was ok, however today there's been 5 days from that return and I didn't get my money back, its not even in transit on the bank statement, I just want my money back
Ok so I am not one to ever leave a bad review on a place cause I know how it feels but I went Into the Ross in spring hill last night and port Richey today and I just have to say that both were Terrible not one person greeted me not one person smiled there was one nice lady with short black hair at the one n port Richey actually apologized for not being able to take back a perfume I literally just bought last night that hasn't even been sprayed and I had the receipt and everything.the manager was very rude and had an attitude like I'm sorry no one likes working but contrary to popular belief ur still it supposed to look like u are completely miserable and hate ur life when ur at work the negative energy makes me never want to go back into those stores. And I'm pretty sure that if it wasn't for everything being so cheap in there that y'all would have no business whatsoever cause no one is pleasant in there at all they its very uncomfortable they make u feel rushed and like ur doing something wrong when u are not. I suggest y'all have a meeting bout being a little more friendly and maybe ppl would want to actually come in there and shop more.maybe y'all wouldn't be so dead in there if ur employees actually greeted u when u walked in the door.
Yesterday we went to Ross to return woman sport bra that was bought by mistake the day before. Someone put it in our cart while I was in the fitting room and we payed for it. So, in Ross we just came to a cashier and explain what the problem was. We had a receipt, all item's tags and ID. The cashier took the item without any questions and made the return. When we came home the money was already in the card! If you have everything you need for return (receipt, item in perfect condition, all item's tags) - you will have no problems with money return!
I returned 2 gift items to Ross Stonecrest Store on Jan.4th 2018, I did not have the receipts. The manager gave me a store credit for the lowest price item, but the other item I was told would be $20.00 less than the price on the item. I inquired as to why and was told because I did not have the receipt the price of the item were at a lesser price, the price on the item were &39.99.
I have no problem with Ross other than their policy to rush you out the door. The company gives the Walter treatment "Get Your Sh*t and Get Out!" You do not even have your receipt and they are already screaming "Next!" It's like "Thanks for your money, now f*ck off!"
People will pay more for an item if there is better customer service. Hence the reason why Target is still in businesss across the street from Wal-Mart or Publix across the street from Winn Dixie. Also why Marshall's makes more money than Ross.
I shop at Ross frequently and hope to not jinx myself here, but I never had a problem with returns in Salisbury. Why? I am returning the items with tags still attached, bringing in the receipt, and the original form of payment. You should have no problem if the rreturned item is still new.
If you feel the need to wear the item before returning it, try posting it on Craigslist to see how many people will give you that same amount for it used. NO ONE! If you are debating an item, leave it. If you are looking to wear an item once because your budgeting skills suck, go to Plato's Closet or Good Will. NO Businness Ever should be taking back used items! Nothing is nastier than buying an item you think is new and finding period gunk all on the crotch of the pants when you try putting them on for work the next day.
Just a few days before Christmas I spent $1,500 in Ross located in Sausalito California. I was in the store for at least 6 hours picking everything out to complete my Christmas shopping. A few days after Christmas I decided to return some things that I had purchased for myself that I decided against. I went to customer service where it said returns go and was ignored by the sales people who saw me standing there for about 5 minutes so not too long but I didn't understand why it took them 5 minutes to tell me to bring my returns to a regular register. I walked over to the counter where a woman named Stacy was working. She was clearly annoyed at me for bringing in returns which I could tell by her immediate hostile order to not touch what was in my bag because she would take
the merchandise out which was fine with me if she hadn't said it in such an angry hostile way. I ignored it and said sure because these are the type of people you can't win with and they clearly DO NOT consider the customer always right. I was just hoping to get through it without her making a scene where there wasn't one....(have seen this type before).
So I pulled out my receipt and she began returning until she came to an item with all tickets attached except one and she said
I am not about to look up the items on this long receipt. Come back tomorrow and the manager can do it. Then she proceeded to
slap my items down and push them away so the next customer could be helped. I said what??? you don't want to look up the items one the receipt??? Isn't that your job? She then threw the items at me and knocked over a suitcase I was returning and said
the customer is always unhappy when they don't get their way!
Enough said. This woman will be fired and I will do whatever it takes to make this happen.
My son just bought some Guess men's cologne and opened it in the store. He never left the store with it. He doesn't like the smell so we asked if he could get a refund. The saless person said No they don't refund cologne. I was like wow he never even left the store, but because he opened it its non refundable. This is just not right. I could understand if he had left the store, but he didn't. Now he's out $21.00.
Ross is the only store I ever have problems with returns. Why can they not do the same thing as Burlington? They have your receipt in the computer system that is activated by your phone number so if you lose your receipt you give them your phone number and they are able to pull it up. I'm one of those people hold on the receipts forever and of course the ones I always seem to lose or misplace are Ross. I always plan on a store credit when I return items.
Went to Ross before work yesterday and I was returning a purse I had bought the day before yesterday I had receipt and paid with card but I had forgotten card in my car the girl helping me didn't want to wait for me to go get my card from my car cause I didn't have it on me and made me get store credit cause I didn't have my debit card during the return. I do not want store credit I want my actual money back! I have the transaction in my bank account and just want my money back! What can I do? To just get my money back?!
WARNING never buy a gift for anyone at Ross -- went to return a bag, forgot the receipt, as I brought it on a credit card only a few weeks ago... THEY WILL NOT RETURN, CREDIT OR EVEN OFFERED ME A GIFT CARD...
SUGGEST ANYONE BUYING - pay for each item separately and give them the receipt with your gift -- and they may release the cost of ring up items separately is a big drag and cost them money... plan to hastag, and warn people -- basically wrote, when most department store it automatically done via our cards...
I'm a designer in Nashville, yesterday I was returning some items and somehow was missing my receipt which were on my clients card. The store manager at Cool Springs, GENNY, was more than helpful. She took the SKU #s and went back and by computer (I guess) reprinted my original receipt, cheerfully credited my clients card in the kindest of manner! I didn't want to confess to my client I had misplaced the receipt, thus not being able to get her refund. Granny saved me that experience and I wanted to give her my appreciation by this positive report. I will continue to shop Ross for a multitude of home furnishing items!! Oh I almost forgot, it was the tail end of tax free weekend and tho things had slowed a bit, I know she had been crazy busy for3 days and could have used a break, instead she went above and beyond, making me one satisfied customer!! Thx Genny! Susannah Wilson, Oh Susannah Interiors
I am writing to request recognition of a customer. As I write to embrace the moment of recognition for employee Brianna at Ross Dress for LessI as Ross Management to remember Brianna when making decisions for promotions and rewards.
Brianna was sincere and compassionate as my need became became hers. She was loyal to me as a customer--very patient and clothed with a listening ear. Thanks for hiring her!
A satisfied customer, I am.
At your Cherrydale store, I complained to associate in restroom about condition,asked if I should report to manager she said no,they would take care of,she took care of it,I decided to call and component her when I found out she was the manager,I was impressed that she did not make that known to me while was there and she cleaned it herself .Thankyou,she's a fine manager
My boyfriend and I were both unemployed and he really needed a hair cut to help find a job. After misplacing his trimmers we went to Ross on Little York and 59 in northeast Houston. We found some for $14.99+ tax.
Later on we decided to look one more time and found ours. The very next day, less than 24 hours after purchasing the trimmers at Ross, I went in with the unopened package and receipt to return the item.
The associate told me that since they are electric they count as electronics and are not returnable.
I asked her where on the receipt it says that, and she read it and realized it does not say anywhere that electronics are final sale. Her explanation was that it is a new policy, so it's not i the receipt yet.
I told her that since it's not there I should get my money back. She told another cashier about the issue who also looked for the alleged policy on the receipt and couldn't find it, and said that it's a new policy.
I asked for the number to corporate, and told them it is ridiculous that I'm going to have to call corporate to get money back for a $14.99 item that is unopened and has the receipt and was purchased less than 24 hours ago but they wouldn't budge.
I went to my car and called customer service and spoke to an employee named Paige, who was a BIG HELP!! I explained my situation, the lack of a printed policy, etc. She called the store for me and I was able to go back in and get my refund.
Thank you so much, Paige, for helping me out and doing the right thing.
I've worked in retail management for years and I would never do to one if my customers what the Ross employees did to me, but I am so glad that customer service at corporate helped me resolve the issue.
Because of this I will continue to shop at Ross.
This store has lost a GREAT manager.This store want be in good standing with all ethnic backgrounds I do believe you will loose some high-ended shoppers at this location .This location already experiencing uncleaniness among other things this new manager can't never fill Mr Gerald shoes and definitely not the assistant manager.Should I rally a petition to get him back or shop some where? This store is headed like your sister store D D's. The store # 1220 in Tampa Fl. E.Hillsborough Ave.Don't know what happen but please try and save your store at this location by BRINGING MR GERALD BACK.PLEASE!!!
Recently at work I talk to a person regarding losses that I have caused to the company He than made me sign a paper stating that I will pay back $175 dollars That I caused the company in losses, He proceeded to ask if I can pay back the losses I cause the company. However I comply signed the paper and Also wrote about what we talked about that day and signed too. After that He left the office so I asked my manager for copies of those papers and they said they couldnt give me any because the case was still open.Never did I once said I stole anything I did said that I problaby made a mistake or probably got confused obviouslty I am not going to steal stuff When I have been workin at Ross for almost 4 years now. People make mistakes all the time. They told me I was going to be put on paid leave until the investigation is complete and I was going to receive a call back telling me when I could be back at work. So on Friday I left early from work and I never heard anything back from them until right now Tuesday a voice mail from the assitance manager saying that "I could go pick up my last pay". Until right now I have no idea what is goin on with the investagation but I guess the outcome of it is me getting terminated from work throught a voice mail. It took me by surprice that I was fired theough a voice mail without any reason unless she was planning on telling me why when I go get the check. I guess it was fun working at Ross while it lasted being Frond End Supervisor was nice! It was not nice getting terminated just like that for a mistake
I am another Ross employee that explain some issues stated here.
1. if you try to return any item over a year in original condition with tags and receipt, we can take it back. If you do not have the tags, it may be hard for us the verify the item on the receipt. If you try to return it without the receipt, the product will no longer be in our system because the product is too old.
2. If you bought a pair of shoes still in original condition and lost your tag, bring the receipt and try to find a replica of the same shoes( Size does not matter). The reason for this is because sometimes on some products the product description is not always accurate on the product. This is something that the employees in Ross stores have no control over, it is sent to us like that.
3. Credit card/debit card refunds depend on your bank. It can take up to five business days.
4. If you buy an item and want to return that same item in 24 hours, then we are required to ask for I.D. This is not as an insult to anyone, it's just company policy. If you have an issue with this, please return the item(s) after 24 hours and before 30 days and we will not ask you for an I.D (Unless you lose you receipt.)
5. If the dress looks obviously used and worn, we will not take the item back. We WILL take back products that have a manufacturer's defect, OR if an item is in original condition. We can't take back a dress after you've had your fun with it because we can't sell it again. In terms of business, the company would lose money if we operated that way and the company would soon fall. This is why it is recommended that you try on your outfits (or even at home) and bring them back ASAP in original condition with receipt and tags attached in order to get back your original form of payment.
6. ANY item you return, it is important to always keep track of your receipt and the price tag. If you return something without a receipt, it is automatic store credit, Ross employees at the store have no say over this. If you try to return an item without the tag but with a receipt, then we have to check the description. If the description is clear and it's obviously that product, then we will return it. If not, we will need to see a replica of that item from within our store.
7. The lines can be long. If an employee works in customer service and there is only one other cashier, that customer service employee typically goes back and forth between returns and purchases. Some stores are a bit different, but most are pretty fair about it.
8. We do not give you cash back for debit card returns. The exception to this is if you pay with a check. You will get back how you paid for it originally (Given you have the receipt and tags in original condition). We have no say over this process.
9. If you have two cards that are linked to the same account, you can return it using the other card that is linked.
10. @Deanna James; You have to get it back how you paid for it. You paid using a debit card, so it has to go back onto the debit card. We only offer store credit as a second option for instances like that when customers do not have that first card but they still want to shop, they can use the store credit instead. It is suggested that when you make a return, that you are to bring the original form of payment with you to avoid any hassles.
11. If you want to give an item as a gift, just cross off the price but leave the rest of the tag there. That way, the tag is still attached and we cannot deny return if it's in original condition.
12. If you try to return something without the receipt, we will need an I.D. (This is to prevent theft and fraud.) You will also get store credit for what the item is worth currently that day, and not the amount you paid for it. Keeping your receipt secures the amount you will get back even if it's over 30 days. If it's over 30 days, You can get back the full amount of $20 in store credit rather than a marked down price of 4 or 6 dollars in store credit. This is why it is suggested you bring your items back ASAP for a return.
13. Please keep in mind that all company stores (Such as Ross, Marshall's, TJ MAXX, Walmart) all operate and run differently. It's fine to make a comparison, but expecting Ross to handle things the way TJ MAXX does will not happen. They are separate companies operated by different people with different policies. You will only get angrier if you continue to rely on that.
14. Store credit never expires, and you can use it at ANY ross, regardless of state.
15. If you lose your store credit, we cannot give you more store credit to replace what you lost. Outside of our store, it is not our responsibility to ensure you remember to place your store credit somewhere safe.
16. You can exchange your returns for anything in the store, even if it's not the same type of product. For example, you can exchange a purse you changed your mind on for a pair of shoes and just pay the difference. :)
17. Don't get mad at Ross employees over the policy. As i've stated before, we don't have control over that, it's a corporate thing. All we can do in store is carry out Ross procedures. Being mean and nasty to Ross employees does not mean you will get what you expect either. Strangely enough, we are humans too that are on your side but are limited by policy.
Happy holidays, I hope this was helpful in answering some questions.
As a Ross employee I'll clarify some of these incidents for you.
1: Asking for an ID. Our registers automatically ask us for a form of ID whether it be a passport, ID or DL. Just some form of ID if either of the following occur: you do not have a receipt, you are returning it within 24 hours, or it has been either over the return period of 30+.
2: Price Ticket removal. Once you remove the ticket it IS consider altered unless you purchased it without the tag attached. Once removed it is up to the store's management whether or not they allow you to return the item.
3: Fragrances. Once again once you open the fragrance or perfume it is considered altered. Ross usually takes returns that have no defects and puts them back on the floor. So once it is opened we can't repackage it in its plastic sealing with the price tag on it if you remove it. Consider this when purchasing fragrance.
4: Return of funds back to card: It depends on your bank not our processing when your money returns back to the card it could take from 5-7 business days depending on your bank of course. Please keep this in mind next time your purchase with your debit or credit card. As well as checks.
Hope this was helpful.
Ross distribution center company from Moreno Valley bad principal people Cesilia Chamorro employees discrimination, HR ladies so much problems into the company they ingnor are not what happens to this people this ladies I have 10 years working hard end right now I'm looking for something different bad personal manager supervaciors bad bad personal Rosss too much diferent that 10 years back sorry but is true. The
I worked for Ross for about 7 months, quickly moved to MOD+ and then to FES, I was kinda thrown into the position with hardly any training and so I taught myself how to do the job! I quickly caught on, but got in trouble several times because I talk to customers too much you should be fast and friendly at the same time cause they time you on everything! But that's not great customer service, you want customers to feel welcome not like you are taking their money and pushing them out the door! And the management didn't care that we had a employee that bullied other employees and even talked bad about them to customers, even after several warning she still continues to do it, then they wonder why they have alot of turn overs, especially when management has favorites, and the favorites don't work just walk around talking, and when I would call for backup cause of the long lines the management would call me back and say such and such is doing this right now it's gonna be a few minutes! Customers come first period to me! After my disability put me out of work they ended firing me due to job abandonment cause I tried several times to call the store to get a leave of absence but everytime it was oh we are busy or call back they are gone on lunch! SMH and some of the managers didn't even know how to do it, only the store manager I guess! They never imply their own policies unless they don't like you and they talk bad about customers who take to long to check out after closing and they think it's funny when they get customer complaints about another employee smelling like marijuana after she returns from her break! And they tell other employees about employees who call out or quit because they ask! That's a privacy violation!I will never work for Ross stores or dds discounts!
I work at ross and it is crazy what people try and get away with. I am a consumer as well but what people must understand is everyone is not honest and unfortunately the honest people have to pay. People sitting here saying I am not going to shop at Ross anymore, REALLY!!!!! ROSS IS AWESOME! However my advice to you as my fellow consumers are as follow:
1) check you stuff out see if there are major flaws
2) keep your receipts have all ross receipts in one place
3)keep the tags if you need to staple them to the receipt
4) stop trippen on stuff and think realistically if you were in the cashiers spot what would you do and remember don't make them try and compromise there jobs for a small $1 savings.
5) Understand that we live in a not so great world and people are scandalous and steal stuff and then try and return it. (these are the people who ruin it for the honest ones.)
I love my job and also remember the attitude you give is what you get back...Customer service it is my job but I am a person who deserves to be respected and if I came to your job acting crazy or heck if you are retired if I came to your home you would hate it if I was rude or disrespectful.
We are proud to recognize the companies providing the best customer service each year within their industry.
Find Ross hours of operation for locations near you!. You can also find Ross location phone numbers, driving directions and maps.