Posted by Nelson
I've had the worst shopping experience in Porsche of livermore in California. they have very very high pressure sales tactics to try and accommodate all sorts of post sales services, extended warranty and clear bra packages that lasted for 2 hours. they do not accept no for an answer. I had to accept some packages I did not want to be able to close the deal. now I am canceling them (as they said I could) and it is taking forever. that is not the worst part. I went to trade in my dream car, a 2014 991 turbo S for a certified-preowned macan S. After all their sale tactics that got me dizzy and tired, I ended up with a Macan that has been a Rental and it has weird engine noises, that where not present at the moment of the transaction. (the noises go away after 10 minutes of driving the vehicle in the mornings). I went the next day to withdraw and complaint about the bad deal without success as they say there is no cool off period in California. We have sent emails about the problem an so far there is no response from Porsche lviermore.I truly expect more from Porsche than just looking at the dollar signs and trick people to make a sale. I am not happy at all with this Macan and we will be getting rid of the vehicle as soon as possible. I hope Porsche can stand up for their brand and do something about this deal. We want our car back and cancel this terrible experience with Porsche of Livermore.
details to my complaint.
- not disclosing that it was a Rental and only snicking in a piece of paper for me to sign among dozens of other documents "to let me know is a rental" is a very dirty tactic.
- The MAcan was not detailed, and at day time you could see all this spider web like scratches on the paint,
- the car's functions where not explained to me (as it had previously been done in my previous Porsche purchases experiences.
- the 30 to 45 days refund policy was not explained to me,
- they used my deal as a training tool to some person who was asking me very personal question about my finances and why my credit score was the way it was.
-every time they where pushing on their post sales package and we said no, they wanted a reason why we did not want it! seriously?
- I gave other alternatives to the Manager Mr. Mazen to either return my car back and undo the transaction or put me in another vehicle... none of them where accepted and days just went by without any resolution and just ignoring my requests having me to call back because the "decision makers where not available" and saying that it is not doable because there is a lot of paperwork involved... In 2016 these are not acceptable excuses.
The people at Livermore forget that we customers like Porsche because there is emotion involved, for me its is not just a car,, its a dream of a lifetime to own one, Porsche experience should be like family treatment. just like Porsche claims in the where our child dreams become true. where true driving sensations are communicated and translated. the point of view of the manager Mr. Mazen is definitely not aligned with Porsche ideas, as when he said to me when I went back to fix all this mess, he said, for him these vehicles are just pieces of metal that he is moving around! in my head I was like (years of savings and a lot of work and effort to acquire a beautiful Porsche for Mr. Mazen to refer to the brand and our dreams as customers as "just pieces of metal")