Posted by Mike
I had an expensive ($200 +) camera flash damaged by corrosion of a Duracell AA battery. The flash had four batteries. Three of them were undamaged and fully charged. The fourth was corroded at the positive terminal. The batteries, dated 2025, were in the flash for about six months, stored in a dry closet. I sent the flash and the batteries to Duracell. After about twelve weeks I received a letter saying that the damage was "rust, caused by abnormal levels of humidity or moisture", not a fault of the battery. This doesn't make sense, because there was no rust anywhere except at the positive terminal of the one battery. Not a happy resolution.